- Vision Statement
- Standards of Conduct
- SAVE Certification Matrix
- Organisation Structure
- List of VMA
- VMA Application Form
- New Certification Fee Structure
- Appendix A
- Sample VE Study Application
- VE Job Plan
¤ Home » Certification Board (ICB) » Application Guidelines » Certification Requirements
A designation recognizing those practitioners who have fulfilled the certification requirements as established by the Certification Board reflecting world wide expectations of a professional Value Engineer. All the Certified Value Specialists must renew their certification every four years to demonstrate their concurrency and application of VE methodology. Upon the third re-certification CVS's may apply for Life Certification. CVS attaining the age of 61 may also apply for Life Certification at their next normal re-certification cycle.
- Select an adviser who is a current CVS.
- Complete both an Approved Module 1 Workshop and an Approved Module 2 Seminar within the past six years. (Note: Module 1 must be completed before Module 2).
- Participate in a Value Study as a team participant, or as a leader. A minimum of 30 points is required. This must be in addition to the Module 1 Workshop.
- Accumulate a minimum of 30 points in Category A1a, Value Employment, and Category B2, Professional License or degree, with a minimum of 10 points in Category A1a. The A1a credits must the be accomplished over the past four years.
Accumulate a minimum of 30 points in Category A1a over the past 6 years.
- Accumulate an additional 30 points from any 3 of the 5 categories (A, B, C, D and E) indicated. A minimum of 5 points in a single category is required for that category to be considered for credit.
- Submit a previously unpublished paper on a value related subject. The paper must demonstrate a knowledge of Value Engineering methodology (Function techniques, Job plan etc.) and Value Theory. The length of the paper shall be a minimum 2500 words but must not exceed 5000 words. The paper may be submitted simultaneously with the CVS application and after approval of the abstract by the CVS advisor.
- Pass the Value Theory examination (Part 1, 2 and 3) dealing with the theory and practice of VA / VE and the duties and responsibilities of a CVS.
Note: All activities in items 3, 4, 5 and 6 must be accomplished after the Module 1 Workshop completion with the exception of Category B2, Professional License or degree.
The Value Theory examination may be taken only after completion of the Module 2 Seminar and application and paper approval by the Certification Board.
All the Certified Value Specialists must renew their certification every four years to demonstrate their concurrency and application of VE methodology. Upon the third re-certification CVSÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ may apply for Life Certification. CVS attaining the age of 61 may also apply for Life Certification at their next normal re-certification cycle.
For details of re-certification please refer to the Re-certification Manual.