Standards of Conduct
As members of INVEST and/or those who have been certified by SAVE International, all consultants pledge themselves to:
- UPHOLD the high ideals and level of personal knowledge attested by Society membership or certification, and to participate in none but honest enterprises.
- SERVE the interests of employers and clients loyally, diligently, and honestly through worthy performance and fidelity.
- MAINTAIN a broad and balanced outlook and recognize merit in the ideas and opinions of others.
- REFRAIN from any conduct or act which is discreditable to the reputation or integrity of the VM profession, and be guided in all activities by truth, accuracy, fair dealing, and good taste.
- PROMOTE at every opportunity the public understanding of VM, and apply their specialized skill and knowledge for the public good.
- KEEP informed on the latest developments in value techniques and applications, and recommend or initiate improvements to increase the effectiveness of VM.
- PLEDGE to all fellow value specialists, integrity and fair dealing, tolerance and respect, devotion to standards and dignity of the profession.
- SUPPORT efforts to strengthen the profession through training and education, and help others reach personal and professional fulfillment.
- EARN and carefully guard their reputation for good moral character and good citizenship, recognizing that leadership is a call to service.
- RECOGNIZE that Society membership or certification as a value specialist is not the sole claim to professional competence.